Sunday, January 4, 2009

Venue or Album... both are great.

So as everyone knows 2009 holds a few albums that I'm just pissing in my pants to hear.... One of course is the New album from Andrew Bird (Noble Beast) that I'm thinking is going to really push Andrew Bird into the public eye in 2009! Is this really the Andrew Bird I remember dancing around too in my living room during the days of thrills?? Who would have thought? Another large album coming out in 2k9 that I think will really shake the hair off of a muskrat's baby is... the new album from the already super popular Decemberists which as of now has no name?? I think you'll be hearing so much Decemberists this year that you'll never forget there name ever again! But finally the reason for this post is to talk to you about another album I think will be huge in 2k9 and that album is.... the new album from Animal Collective entitled Merriweather Post Pavilion.... What I find interesting about this album first off is it's name Merriweather Post Pavilion which just so happens to be my favorite large venue ( if they get the bands I like) to go and see a live show here on the east coast. For those of you that have never got to experience a live show at Merriweather.... Let me explain to you what this rarely spoke of venue is like.... As you pull into the parking lot of this beautiful Maryland outdoor venue you are welcomed by large beautiful standing Tree's in an almost forest like setting as you walk on the trail like path toward the gates of the venue you are treated to the sounds of nature all around you. To the left of you is a large pond with a fountain that is like a shot from a post card.... as you get closer and closer to the gates you are surrounded by signs stating different things that have happened during the history of this beautiful venue (one in particular being the shaving of the front man of the cure Robert Smith's beautiful and legendary hair). As you enter inside the gates you are greeted by a breathe taking grassy meadow to sit and watch a concert under the Maryland skylight. I thought that it was interesting that a band would name there album after a venue but then when I thought about it more I understood completely. As for the band and the album itself I think this strange and different sounding album will make it huge in 2k9 making it one of my most anticipated albums of the year!!! Good for Animal Collective and even better for the indie rock community!

No comments:

Post a Comment