Thursday, March 19, 2009

Nods and Clawed!

Well its a few months into 2k9 and I think I've just begun to get a taste in my mouth for what the year holds! As of right now here is my Nods and Clawed list for the end of 08' through the start of 09'........

Lets start with the Nods!

Fever Ray- Fever ray is the solo project of Karin Dreijer Andersson who is a half of the brother/sister duo the knife! I absolutely love the sound that Fever Ray holds and think that they are a huge standout band in 2009! Dreamy and sooo enjoyable I Nod my head with pleasure every time I hear them.

The pains of being pure at heart- How much better can it get?? This indie rock band hailing from lovely New York City captured my heart within minutes of hearing them! I look for The Pains of Being Pure at Heart to be huge in 09'. A very large nod of the head!

Empire of the sun- Leave it to Australia to release a strange yet wonderful band like Empire of the Sun! If you haven't heard this band yet your missing out on an electro trip back to the 70's with the flair of today's indie dance... the song Walking on a dream will make you want to run to the nearest music store and buy a synth and move to Australia and make music for kangaroo mob's while wearing almost space like costumes!! My head wont stop nodding! Check them out now!!!

Cursive- This Omaha Nebraska band formed in 1995 and are still pumping out great music even to this day! With an indie/punk edge Cursive has a way of drawing you in and never letting you go! I look for the new Cursive album to be a huge hit in 09' so keep your eyes and ears open for Cursive!! Nod Nod Nod!!!

And now the Clawed!

Matt and Kim- With all the great bands coming out of New York City these days, Matt and Kim are not one of them (my opinion of course) I can only take so much disposable music and if you ask me Matt and Kim are the poster children for it! I really think If I found two 8 year old kids and gave them a toy piano they could make music that closely resembles Matt and Kim! Stop the hype please!!! I claw them!

Travis- This hurts me because I really enjoy Travis I really do, But there last album ode to J Smith was horrible! For some reason it sounded as if Travis wanted to be more like Muse and get loud but It just wasn't working for them.... A very large disappointment! oh Travis.... Please go back to your old selves.... until then I will have to Claw your new album!

No comments:

Post a Comment